nCode DesignLife: Calculating Fatigue from CAE
Learn how to use nCode DesignLife software to perform fatigue analysis using stresses from computer aided engineering (CAE) tools. Class time includes both lecture on fatigue life prediction techniques and hands-on sessions where you get to put concepts into action with DesignLife software. An emphasis is placed on hands-on comparisons of different analysis techniques so you’ll learn best engineering practices while gaining software proficiency.
- Import geometry and stresses into DesignLife from finite element (FE) software like ANSYS, ABAQUS, NASTRAN, LS-Dyna, Mechanica, and OptiStruct
- Define fatigue loading, from simple cycles to measured loading histories to vibration profiles
- Assign material fatigue properties Assess fatigue life with methods like stress-life (SN) and strain-life (EN)
- Display and interpret results
- Finite element stress analysis techniques for durability assessment
- Using analysis tools called ‘glyphs’, including how to create user-customized glyphs
- Creating reusable fatigue analysis templates
- Generating virtual stress and strain histories
- Applying stress superposition and multiple FE load cases
- Exploring stress combination methods and plasticity corrections
- Analyzing stresses in both time and frequency domains
- Identifying and interpreting fatigue hotspots
- Automated methods for accelerating fatigue solution times
Who Should Attend
Engineers who need to predict fatigue life from CAE-derived stresses.
It is assumed that attendees are familiar with FE modelling practices and general structural analysis concepts. No prior knowledge of nCode software is required.
This course covers some fatigue theory background, but it focuses on the hands-on software application of these concepts. Attendees wanting to learn more about the concepts of durability analysis are encouraged to attend our course called Practical Fatigue Theory.
14-16 September, 2016 - Southfield, MI (USA) - Fully Booked