Streamlining the CAE Durability Process
nCode DesignLife provides fatigue life prediction from finite element results to answer the question "how long will it last?" or "will it pass the test?" before you even have a prototype. Go beyond simplified stress analysis and avoid under or over-designing your products by simulating actual loading conditions.
For over 30 years, nCode products have established a reputation for the development of leading fatigue technology pioneering the world’s first commercial off-the-shelf FEA-based fatigue tool, P/Fatigue*, in the early 1990’s. Since then, nCode products have continued to invest in the development of cutting edge technology to provide solutions for large model sizes and realistic loading schedules. Unique capabilities include the ability to simulate shaker tests by performing fatigue analysis in the frequency domain.
In use by major OEMs and their suppliers around the world, DesignLife is industry proven to be the most intuitive, powerful and flexible solution for CAE fatigue and durability.
- Intuitive and easy to use software for performing fatigue analysis from finite element models
- Direct support for leading FEA results data including ANSYS, Nastran, Abaqus, RADIOSS, …
- Efficiently analyze large finite element models and complete usage schedules
- Wide range of fatigue analysis capabilities including stress-life, strain-life, multi-axial, weld analysis, virtual shaker table, and more
- Highly configurable for the expert user
- Single environment for both Test and CAE data
- Enables standardization of analysis processes and reporting
- Reduce reliance on physical test and avoid costly design and tooling changes
- Perform smarter and quicker physical tests by simulating first
- Reduce warranty claims by reducing failures
- Reduce cost and weight by assessing more design options
- Improve consistency and quality with standardized analysis processes
- Correlate directly with physical test data
- Analyze wind turbine component designs in conformity with GL Renewables Certification's Guideline for the Certification of Wind Turbines (2010)
*P/Fatigue was developed jointly with PDA Engineering for the PATRAN environment. PATRAN is now a registered trademark of MSC.Software. All other product trademarks are acknowledged.
See Interactive Demo
This demo gives a brief introduction to using DesignLife to perform CAE-based fatigue life predictions. It shows how results from FE solvers such as ANSYS, NASTRAN and Abaqus can be combined with real measured loads data to calculate fatigue lives in a powerful, process-oriented environment.
- Used by FEA fatigue and durability analysts
- Early in the design process to get it "right first time"
- To simulate physical tests prior to prototype
- To troubleshoot existing durability problems
- In aerospace, automotive, consumer goods, heavy engineering, defense and many other industries