DesignLife is integrated with GlyphWorks and allows life predictions based on stresses from finite element analysis.
This two-day course introduces users to analyzing fatigue with FE-derived stresses. The days consist of classroom lecture and hands-on software usage. The creation, modification, and uses of FE-based fatigue analysis processes is discussed. Further practicalities such as selection of appropriate FE and fatigue methods are also reviewed.
No prior experience with Glyphworks or DesignLife is required; attendees should have a general understanding of fatigue and a 2-day fatigue theory course (without software) is also available if required.
It is assumed that attendees will have a working knowledge of FE and structural analysis. Attendees are encouraged to bring their own models and problems with them, for discussion in class. It may be possible to create DesignLife workflows towards the end of the course to be used back at your workplace.
- Fatigue analysis of solids and shell
- FE models Single and multiple loads, constant amplitude and time-varying
- Selecting appropriate material fatigue properties
- Creation of FE-based fatigue processes
- Fatigue result superposition methods
- Stress combination methods