Join us if you are searching for new challenges and career opportunities. We are constantly on the lookout for talented people in the area of marketing, sales, engineering and manufacturing.
Visit the Careers page on HBM.com for career opportunities at HBM Test & Measurement.
HBM nCode is an ethical employer and we ask candidates not to share confidential information about other organisations, including their current employer, during any interview for a position within our organisation.
Applications Engineer - Southfield, MI
The Applications Engineer will provide pre- and post-sales technical software support to nCode customers and the HBM-nCode sales team. In this position, you will support the use of nCode DesignLife software for finite element (FE) based fatigue and durability prediction.
You should apply for this position if you:
- enjoy working with customers to understand their durability analysis requirements, mentoring customers in the use of nCode software to meet these requirements
- have extensive knowledge of industry-standard CAE software and practices
- like working in a commercial environment
- Understand customers’ finite element and durability analysis requirements
- Demonstrate nCode DesignLife software to current and prospective customers
- Provide technical support to nCode users, investigating requirements and proposing solutions
- Mentor users on best practices when using nCode software
- Present nCode software training courses for customers
- Test nCode software releases for functionality and quality
- Provide feedback to HBM-nCode product management on future software functionality
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, preferably mechanical or civil
- Practical knowledge of CAE-based structural analysis, including pre/post-processors, solvers, analysis techniques, and best practices
- Knowledge of industry-standard FE analysis software like ANSYS, Abaqus, or NASTRAN
- Ability to listen to customers and understand their technical requirements
- Good presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Proven ability to work independently
- Interest in working in a commercial environment
- US citizenship/Green Card/current H1B Visa holder
Nice to have qualifications:
- 3+ years as a software application engineer (AE), interfacing with customers on software usage
- Knowledge of engineering durability topics such as fatigue and structural analysis
- Knowledge of durability and fatigue analysis software like nCode GlyphWorks, DesignLife, or FE-Fatigue
- Knowledge of nCode products and associated technologies
To apply for position:
Send Cover Letter and Resume here.
Senior Software Engineer - Web Applications - Sheffield / Rotherham, UK
- To provide software coding and bug fixing.
- Creation of documents to support design, specification, and product management activities.
- Basic software documentation generation.
- Liaison with other nCode groups, including Support and Sales and required.
- To make recommendations to resolve technical, strategic and organisational issues.
- Java programming with knowledge of the Spring framework
- Experience in multi-tiered architectures
Desired Aptitudes and Experience:
- Experience administering application servers and databases, ideally ORACLE and WebLogic Knowledge of Linux scripts and/or Windows batch files.
To apply for position:
Submit your CV and cover letter here. Please, no agencies.
How to apply:
Expand position description for details.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please, no third party recruiters.